The Jewish Federation is the home office and lead voice of the Jewish community in Western and Northwestern Connecticut. 2023 is rapidly approaching and we would like to end this year with your contribution or pledge for our 2022-2023 Annual Campaign.
There are some activities that the Federation can be counted on to provide every year. We sponsor programs that serve to educate and promote solidarity among all members of the Jewish community. We provide funding to, and work to elevate, Jewish organizations throughout our region. We provide funding to those in desperate need of emergency assistance and to support Jewish education, Jewish campership opportunities and social service and society building organizations in Israel and elsewhere in the Jewish world.
In addition, your Federation responds to emergencies affecting the Jewish world. Whether it is raising funds to support refugees from Ukraine or standing in support of Israel when it is under attack, the Federation articulates and fights for Jewish values. Just as important for those of you reading this message, we are there for the Jewish community of Western and Northwestern Connecticut when crises arise in our corner of the State as well.
Just over a year ago, your Federation responded proactively to the accelerating threat to the safety and security of our Jewish institutions and our people. We were one of the first small Jewish Federations across the country that contracted with SCN, the nonprofit organization charged with the safety and security of the Jewish community in North America, to hire a Regional Security Advisor on behalf of all of our Jewish organizations. Our terrific Regional Security Advisor provides security guidance for all of our synagogues, Yeshivas and other Jewish institutions in Western and Northwestern Connecticut. The security assessments, the security training sessions and all of the other support being provided by our Regional Security Advisor are free services for all of our Jewish community organizations. The Federation is bearing the entire cost of the program.
More recently, in the face of a torrent of Antisemtic hate and conspiracy theories, the Federation provided detailed information and analysis to help our community understand the various manifestations of Antisemitism and to provide suggestions for fighting the bombardment of hate. In addition, in order to enhance the education process and to promote advocacy, on Tuesdays the Federation is continuing to send articles and other information to our community. We are very thankful that many of you have taken the time to express appreciation for these efforts. In truth, it is our job to work to make sure that we satisfy the changing needs of the Jewish community in Western and Northwestern Connecticut.
In order for us to continue our work, we need the ongoing support of our community. We thank the many of you who have already contributed during our annual campaign year (which runs from July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023). For those who have not yet made a contribution, please consider doing so today.
Feel free to call or email Gary directly (203-267-3177 X304 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to discuss your gift or any of the Federation’s initiatives.
Here are some reasons why you may want to consider a donation before the end of 2022:
- You may qualify for a matching gift from your employer! Check with your workplace to find out whether your employer offers a matching gift program.
- A gift of cash could reap tax benefits. If you itemize your tax deductions, you may be able to deduct a significant portion of your contribution. And if you don't itemize, there's still an above-the-line deduction for gifts of up to $300.*
- A gift of appreciated securities could also reduce your taxes. You may deduct the fair market value of your gift, and you also bypass capital gains tax.
- A Qualified Charitable Distribution from your IRA is a popular option for people age 70½ or older.
- Create an Eternal Annual Campaign Endowment Fund empowering a family tradition for future generations to ensure that Jewish history and your family values are not forgotten.
- What better way to end this year with kindness and generosity knowing that your contribution will help so many people in so many ways. As always we are in this together, helping to create a safer and more just world for Jews and their neighbors here, in Israel, and across the globe.
CLICK HERE TO DONATE
We are grander together!
Gary and Pauline
Jewish Federation of Western Connecticut
*Your eligibility for tax advantages may vary. Please consult your personal financial advisor